Project Wonderland

Project Wonderland is an up and coming online shop. Here I want to share my crafty experiences and my business plans, goals, and sucesses. Currently I can be found at http://projectwonderland.etsy.com and I have my own website in the works.

Friday, July 13, 2007

My First Market

I did my first market today at Rogers, Ohio. When I went there I knew it was a large flea market. In my opinion, my jewelry is priced on the lower side, for handmade jewelry. I’m a little disappointed because I had to lower my prices to sale anything (which I didn’t like but I wanted to at least sell something!!), and even then I had people asking for specials. I made a small profit, and when I say small….I mean SMALL. I barely covered my booth fee and if you look at the vendor info…that isn’t much. I was in the back, where there was not much traffic, and I was right next to a guy selling cheap import jewelry… But I’m still glad I went. It was a good experience in general and it is something to learn from. It was a good way to “get my feet wet” so to speak. Next time I sell in person, I will do a real craft show where people understand that $4 for a pair of handmade earrings isn’t crazy… By the way- $4 was after I lowered my prices. I’m not going to let this discourage me too much. I am going to keep plugging away at Project Wonderland. I haven’t given up hope yet :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<