Project Wonderland

Project Wonderland is an up and coming online shop. Here I want to share my crafty experiences and my business plans, goals, and sucesses. Currently I can be found at http://projectwonderland.etsy.com and I have my own website in the works.

Monday, March 10, 2008

Where I’ve been and where I’m going!


Well I’m not sure about everyone else but for me December was a great month. It was a busy month but it was great. I spent it finishing up my last semester of classes and preparing for my internship, plus there is Christmas and New Years. My Etsy shop was open in December but it was definitely not a top priority. Then in mid-January I, unexpectedly and without any explanation, closed my Etsy shop.

On January 11 my mother went in for a heart catheterization. There were some very serious complications. Her artery collapsed and her heart stopped for 36 minutes. After reviving her, the surgeons preformed an emergency double by-pass. Honestly we were prepared for the worst. The surgeons were not sure she would survive the by-pass and were fairly certain that if she did she would have some brain damage from oxygen deprivation. Miraculously she not only survived but is well on her way to making a full recovery. In fact she is doing so well that I am ready to re-open my Etsy shop.

I’ve taken the semester off school and I’m only working part time so now that my mom doesn’t really need help anymore… I actually have a good bit of free time for once. Tomorrow will be my “Grand Re-Opening!” It feels good for my routine to be returning to something like normal. Plus I’m ready to have something to commit to. I’m used to having classes and working really hard for the grade. Right now I don’t have that and I work at a pizza shop so I really can’t take that too seriously. I’m excited to see where I can take Project Wonderland when I make it my main priority.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<