Project Wonderland

Project Wonderland is an up and coming online shop. Here I want to share my crafty experiences and my business plans, goals, and sucesses. Currently I can be found at http://projectwonderland.etsy.com and I have my own website in the works.

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Book Review!

Right now Project Wonderland, my crafty business venture, is really a hobby business. I treat it like a business but I’m still at a hobby level. My main objective is to test the water and get my feet wet. I am beginning to seriously consider that a career as aprofessional crafts person may be in future. I want to learn as much as I can about being a professional crafter so over the summer I intend to read just about ever book of the subject, well as many I can, lol. I figure since I’m taking the time to read all these books why not take the time to share my thoughts on. First up….

CRAFTING FOR DOLLARS by Sylvia Landman

I’m so glad I pick this book as my first summer read. It is well written, very informative, and has a little something for everyone. As someone relatively new to the world of selling crafts I learned a lot form this book. Furthermore, I’m guessing even a seasoned seller would benefit from reading it. It is divided up into 22 chapters, each one covering a different aspect or role of being a craft business owner. Sylvia covers the basics and beyond. Another thing about this book that I really like: interviews with a professional at the end of every chapter. Who better to learn from than the pros? Resources for additional information are also listed through the book, making it an even more valuable source of information. This is one I definitely recommend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

<